Tuesday 29 March 2011

Spring colours





How lovely to see such fresh bright colours again. Spring has arrived! It's an absolute joy to wake up in the morning, look out the window and see the blossom on the trees and the buds opening at last in the warmth of the spring sunshine. I've been inspired to give the Lovely Room in Notting Hill a total spring clean. That includes the sash windows too, which means a bit of dare devil maneuvering on my part as I'm on the 2nd floor, but it's worth it to be able to see out again. I've planted new flowers in my window boxes and gone for some gorgeous pinks and oranges, inspired a little by India and also Marc Jacobs new spring collection!! After such a dreary and grey winter, I feel the need for some vibrant and electric colour...


I was given some lovely mini easter eggs and they fit nicely into the colour scheme as well. I'd better take my time eating them as they look so pretty in my room...


I just can't resist buying plants and flowers at the moment and as I don't have any outside space I fill my flat with more and more colour. It's an obsession. I like to think I'm as keen on gardening as the next person it's just that I do mine in window boxes and on every available surface in the flat. I'm very lucky as this flat has loads of light pouring in all through the day and plants love it here. One day I'll move somewhere with a garden, just not yet... I really still feel this flat is my home. Each spring I'm filled with renewed love for it and want to stay and give it a new lease of life.

Notting Hill is buzzing with activity at the moment and London is a great place to be. I've been cycling through the parks and enjoying the sense of winter melting away as we move into the new season. It's great!!! I'm excited about my new job in the cafe and life feels good. I'm not in any hurry to move anywhere else soon. I was very close to leaving London over the winter but I no longer feel that way now. I feel I've worked hard to create several new beginnings for myself and I want to see how they all pan out... I used to think it was impossible to plan anything in life. It always seemed too precarious to me. I think it was Woody Allan who said "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans" which makes absolute sense to me. However, I've learned over the years that you can try and make plans but you just have to be very flexible. It's being able to keep an open mind and having a fluid plan that enables you to ride over the bumps along the way. Maybe having learned to surf as a child helps me to keep going as well..
 
To quote Woody Allan again: "To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness.” This sounds so crazy but it's true. I'm feeling a bit braver on that front as well and I feel that something positive is on the horizon. We shall see.... roll on the spring!

No comments: