Thursday 10 February 2011

Sophie and John


My friends Sophie and John are getting married on Saturday. It's an exciting day for them and I'm looking forward to joining them for the festivities. I've made them this little painting and it's based on one of the little charms from Sophie's jewellery. I also chose a couple of lines from the Romantic poet John Keats to express the sentiment of love between two lovers:

Two souls with but a single thought
Two hearts that beat as one.

It's a beautiful thought expressed simply and elegantly.

I wish Sophie and John much happiness together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Alex!

Sounds to me that there is much serenity in your mind and soul at the moment....
Things are looking up.

Baci,

Miki

Anonymous said...

I can't paint but you always make me want to try, I love that wedding card, it's absolutely beautiful. The pink & the gold are just fabulous do you do paintings and use fabric at all.
L
x