Saturday 22 January 2011

Home

My dream when I was in my 20s was to have a lovely room in Notting Hill. Somewhere to call my own. This much I have achieved and I love my home. I am interested in discovering what "home" really means to me. Now I feel the need for a change but does this mean moving to the country and leaving behind all my close friends in London? Will a home in the country tick all the boxes? Or will I miss my lovely room in Notting Hill? Is home quite simply a state of mind? I aim to use my Blog to explore all of this and MORE..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am always troubled about this, you are just like a lot of other people in the world.
What pushed me more to leave the town was that i wasn't happy anymore about my friends. It started when we were 40/45 years old, little by little we did not have time anymore for each other and often we had to look the "agenda" to settle down for a dinner together.
In the country side is been easier for me to meet new people and few friends, much faster that can be in a big town like London.
But on the other side, for sure, i could not be selective with people and all this is like a medal with two faces.
A new home will not tick all the boxes but for sure it will make you to discover how many new world there are and how many different kind of relations you may have.
Sorry if I put my nose into your thoughts..:-))